Biggest Online Retailers in the U.S., According to the research done in 2018
The word ‘Online Shopping’ clearly says that start shopping while staying online. Of course, this is a wonderful means of shopping with fewer efforts, avoiding clumsiness of a crowded market. In the era of digitization online shopping has an effective impact on society that you are not bound to be ready to go to market areas, use claustrophobic public transports and then shop but you can choose your product sitting in front of your notebook or that little tech giant mobile phones. But what retail websites are consumers visiting the most? According to the research done so far in 2018, based on traffic and engagement. Some of the sites at the top are no-brainers for most of us who shop online (Amazon, eBay, Walmart, etc.), but other retailers down the list may surprise you. Take a look below to learn more about the top 10 internet shopping sites in 2018.
- Amazon.com – Since it was founded Jeff Bezos on July 5, 1994, Amazon.com has become known as the go-to online retailer for almost anything, from books, toys, clothes, and shoes to food, furniture, and other household items. For a recurring fee, its Prime membership offers free two-day shipping on most purchases, as well as the ability to stream music, movies, and other media, as well as other perks. Amazon Prime subscribers in 2018 are 100 million worldwide. The Amazon website gets an average of about 1.87 billion visits per month.
- Ebay.com – Officially founded in 1998, Ebay.com is an e-commerce platform that allows people to buy and sell new and used items. The company’s recent Price Match Guarantee ensures that customers are getting the best prices available on most of the items available in its selection of eBay Deals. The eBay website gets an average of about 817.6 million visits per month.
- Walmart.com – Since the first Walmart store opened in 1962, the retail giant has been determined to offer low prices along with great service. The company took that sentiment online in 2000 when it rolled out Walmart.com in the U.S. These days, the Walmart website gets an average of about 339 million visits per month.
- Esty.com – Etsy.com was launched in 2005 with the goal of giving artists, craftspeople and makers of all kinds a platform to sell their creations online. Now, it’s one of the top destinations for people who want to shop for vintage wares, one-of-a-kind gifts, and handmade items. The Etsy website now gets an average of about 120.4 million visits per month.
- Target.com – Target has affectionately been referred to as “Tar-zhay” since the first brick-and-mortar department store opened in 1962, but the retailer didn’t have an internet presence until it launched Target.com in 1999. Since then, it has won awards for its mobile app and introduced Cartwheel, a mobile digital coupon app developed with Facebook. The Target website gets an average of about 117.4 million visits per month.
- Aliexpress.com – Part of The Alibaba Group, AliExpress.com launched in 2009 to help small Chinese exporters, manufacturers, and entrepreneurs sell their goods internationally. Rather than identifying as an online store, the company sees itself as an online platform that connects sellers and consumers. The site offers a wide range of goods, from wholesale electronics to clothing and supplies for the home and garden. The AliExpress website gets an average of about 43.3 million visits per month.
- Costco.com – The wholesale retailer Costco has been known by different names since its launch in 1976, including Price Club and PriceCostCo. The warehouse retailer requires an annual membership to buy its wholesale, often bulk-packaged goods at low prices. Members could start buying Costco goods online in 2001 with the launch of Costco.com. The Costco website now gets an average of about 42.1 million visits per month.
- Kohls.com – The first Kohl’s Department Store opened in 1962 and has since grown to be a large retailer of fashion and home brands for families. Kohls.com launched in 2001, expanding the department store’s footprint even further. The Kohl’s website gets an average of about 40.4 million visits per month.
- Wish.com – Wish was founded by a former Google software engineer in 2010, and has since made a fast and sizable expansion in the online shopping world. Wish.com and its popular app feature a wide range of products coming directly from Chinese manufacturers at very low prices. You must sign up and log in to browse products, and in turn, you get a customized shopping experience. The Wish website gets an average of about 38.7 million visits per month.
- Sears.com – Sears, an iconic retail company, has been around since the 1800s when it started as a mail-order watch company. A lot has changed since then, including its growth and decline as a mail order company and store, the launch of Sears.com, and a merger with Kmart in 2005. The Sears website currently gets an average of about 26.1 million visits per month
Our shipping service is the perfect solution when shopping online from any USA retailer during the holiday season. Because global shipments are usually more expensive or not available, a lot of people who live outside the country miss out on the great benefits of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Now ship with Ship7 and don’t miss out on any offers or sales!